Because of the tourism sector is very important, where it is considered one of the largest developed sectors in the world, the Kingdom in its vision 2030 has already highlighted the importance of developing the tourism and entertainment sector in order to diversify the Kingdom’s income sources and encourage private sector investment; it also has talked about plans to develop tourist sites, according to the highest international standards , And facilitate the procedures for issuing visas to visitors in addition to preparing and developing historical and heritage sites. Since the vision has been launched, the Saudi advertisements have been followed about enormous projects in the tourism sector.
The general goals of tourism sector
- To develop a competitive tourism industry based on rich data and components of tourism facilities and services.
- To increase the tourism sector contributions in the gross domestic product through finding new income sources and provide jobs for national talents
- To improve and preserve the tourism and archaeological sites and facilities
- To expand the (public and private) investment scope and tourism activities to include all kingdom regions and increase job opportunities in the regions
- To improve and develop employment in tourism field
- To promote citizens’ awareness of the importance of tourism as a tool for investing the country’s cultural and historical heritage resources.
- To enhance the role of tourism in supporting chances to meet between the Kingdom and the rest of the nations, through exchanging visits, knowledge and tourist delegations to be close and well-founded on the Kingdom’s culture and heritage.
- To maintain and protect traditional industries and handicrafts.
- To maintain environment and rationalize the use of water and energy in tourist facilities.